On May 23, 2017, students, staff, faculty, and alumni gathered to celebrate the accomplishments of the school psychology program at an annual recognition ceremony. Dr. Sandy Christenson, alumna and emeritus professor, was honored as the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award recipient.
Other school psychology students, faculty, and instructors awarded throughout the year:
- Mollie Link: CEHD Robertson Diversity Graduate Fellowship Award
- Ally Kiss: SSSP Dissertation Grant Award
- Allyson J. Kiss, University of Minnesota; Mentor: Ted Christ; “Investigating young children’s attitudes toward mathematics: Improved measurement and the relation to achievement”; $2664
- Jenna Gardner: NASP Graduate Student Research Award
- Robin Codding: Samuel A. Kirk award (for the best ‘research’ article published in Learning Disabilities Research and Practice (LDRP) during the 2016 volume year
- Codding, R. S., VanDerHeyden, A. M., Martin, R. J., Desai, S., Allard, N., & Perrault, L. (2016). Manipulating treatment dose: Evaluating the frequency of a small group intervention targeting whole number operations.
- Clay Cook: John W. and Nancy E. Peyton Faculty Fellow in Child and Adolescent Wellbeing
- Annie Hansen-Burke: CEHD Distinguished Teaching Award, COGS Outstanding Advising and Mentoring Award