Application deadline: September 30, 2020.
The Tri-Psychology Programs – Educational Psychology, Psychology, and Institute of Child Development – at the University of Minnesota are deeply committed to supporting underrepresented students in the psychological sciences. Together, we strive to create welcoming, affirming, and inclusive spaces and seek to foster respectful exchanges of ideas that allow us to embrace the power of diversity of perspectives and backgrounds to enrich us all.
Applications are now open for the 2020 Tri-Psych Graduate Student Diversity Fund. The goal of this award is to build community and facilitate cross-departmental collaborations among tri-psych graduate students of color and/or student groups otherwise underrepresented in postsecondary education.
We seek innovative proposals that provide opportunities to encourage and support your fellow students, gain insights from your shared and differing experiences, and build stronger relationships across departments.
- Proposals must be collaborative and must clearly benefit all three departments.
- Proposals must focus on students of color and/or student groups otherwise underrepresented in postsecondary education across all three host psychology programs.
- Preference for creative ideas that show promise for building long-term support structures for students of color and/or student groups otherwise underrepresented in postsecondary education.
- Awards will be made to teams of at least two or more graduate students; preference for teams that include collaborators across at least two of the Tri-Psych departments.
- A summary of the completed project must be submitted by November 1, 2020.
- Proposals will be reviewed up until September 30,, 2020.
One large award ($2,500 max) and 3-5 small awards (up to $1,000 each) will be made:
- Large award: must include collaborators across all three psychology departments.
- Small awards: preference for teams that include collaborators across at least two of the Tri-Psych departments.
If you have questions about your application or would like to submit your application via email, please contact the individual associated with your department to learn more: